IEC (import-export code) is 10 digit identification no. that is issued by the director-general of foreign trade(DGFT). the company running export and import business it compulsory to then to get the certification code. It is not possible to run an import-export business without this code. There are certain processes to fulfil the eligibility to get the code.
How to obtain export and import code
- Get the Application form
- Complete the form no. ANF2A
- Need some documents like bank accounts details, pan card to apply for import and export code
- For getting code also need to full fill section A, B, D of the given form and submit to the desired office or online.
- Signature is a must on where ever required on the form
- Submit the prescribed fee
Expanding your business by taking it to the international level and for that, you need to get IEC(import-export code). Follow the above mention steps to get import export ode for your business.